2019 Handshakes at Clubs - JackColton.com - Las Vegas Message Board and Forum, Nightlife, Nightclubs, Pool Parties, Reviews

On A Budget?

Use our FREE guest lists to get into your favorite clubs!

Need A Club Contact?

Connect with the clubs!


2019 Handshakes at Clubs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2019 Handshakes at Clubs

    Hi everyone. Just looking to get a sense of what the 2019 handshakes look like for EBC, XS, Omnia, Hakkasan, and Kaos. Curious to see what hosts at properties have been looking for as of late. This is handshakes pertaining to table reservations and potentially getting a better locations and not handshakes for GA entrance/line skipping. Thanks
    Twitter: @GerardRDavis

  • #2
    Multiple EBC experiences.
    $100-300 depending on the upgrade. With the right promoter, $300 gets you the upgrade and you get escorted passed the table/cabana line, so it's pretty cool.

    Comment


    • #3
      We got escorted past the table line at ebc every night for free so unless you wanted a location upgrade the night of there's no point

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by egero63 View Post
        We got escorted past the table line at ebc every night for free so unless you wanted a location upgrade the night of there's no point

        ebc at night and ebc day are way different beasts. its common that they ask for shakes for line skip + upgrade during the day. a lot of other factors obviously but just in general it is what hosts there are doing.
        Jose Arriaga
        VIP Host


        Facebook Instagram

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by egero63 View Post
          We got escorted past the table line at ebc every night for free so unless you wanted a location upgrade the night of there's no point
          I wasn't talking about EBC at Night. Try a Chainsmokers, Saturday experience: not that skipping the line is that important - if you line up around 10.15 you probably won't wait too long even without a line skip. But if you plan on getting to EBC around 11.00-11.30 on a sellout Saturday you will probably need to tip something to skip the line.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DeX View Post


            ebc at night and ebc day are way different beasts. its common that they ask for shakes for line skip + upgrade during the day. a lot of other factors obviously but just in general it is what hosts there are doing.
            Then OP can coordinate a tip for a line skip but does Wynn nightlife do location shakes anymore? Hasn't been the case since last year for the nightclubs, unless the dayclub is different.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by egero63 View Post

              Then OP can coordinate a tip for a line skip but does Wynn nightlife do location shakes anymore? Hasn't been the case since last year for the nightclubs, unless the dayclub is different.
              They still do location shakes at EBC (day and night): not sure about XS and Intrigue.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shamrock View Post

                They still do location shakes at EBC (day and night): not sure about XS and Intrigue.
                I can confirm that in March XS and intrigue would not do location upgrade shakes with top rated hosts. Which ultimately led to us not going to either.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by egero63 View Post

                  Then OP can coordinate a tip for a line skip but does Wynn nightlife do location shakes anymore? Hasn't been the case since last year for the nightclubs, unless the dayclub is different.

                  only ebc. intrigue is closed and xs cant. i wanna say for xs it is a good thing because it then comes down to your relationship with your host there. if you dont already use david chan, do so and make sure you tell him you come from here.
                  Jose Arriaga
                  VIP Host


                  Facebook Instagram

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can you please elaborate a little more on XS and how they can't receive a shake? Thanks in advance DeX
                    Twitter: @GerardRDavis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DeX View Post


                      only ebc. intrigue is closed and xs cant. i wanna say for xs it is a good thing because it then comes down to your relationship with your host there. if you dont already use david chan, do so and make sure you tell him you come from here.

                      Agreed! If you develop a quality relationship with some one like David, you will see the results. Chan is one of the best in the biz on the strip. Just don't demand things, ask. You're more likely to get something if you treat people like people.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No point in handshakes anymore. The host game is changing...Our group was out recently, and with Hakk, XS, and EBC, we tipped both the security (never seen again afterward) and host. We were told location upgrades aren't possible any longer as podium, not hosts, ultimately decide. Noticing these clubs are mostly guys after the ladies finish their comp bottles. Vegas is def on the decline. We are going to Florida instead as south beach has much better ratios, the ocean, and we don't feel like we are forced to tip for what should be standard service.
                        Tipping is supposed to be in addition to, not in place of, great service. Check out the seminole hard rock.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Aaustar4life View Post
                          Can you please elaborate a little more on XS and how they can't receive a shake? Thanks in advance DeX

                          Something to do with the hotel itself. i'll leave it to someone who works there to post specifics if they want.
                          Jose Arriaga
                          VIP Host


                          Facebook Instagram

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DAlex111 View Post
                            No point in handshakes anymore. The host game is changing...Our group was out recently, and with Hakk, XS, and EBC, we tipped both the security (never seen again afterward) and host. We were told location upgrades aren't possible any longer as podium, not hosts, ultimately decide. Noticing these clubs are mostly guys after the ladies finish their comp bottles. Vegas is def on the decline. We are going to Florida instead as south beach has much better ratios, the ocean, and we don't feel like we are forced to tip for what should be standard service.
                            Tipping is supposed to be in addition to, not in place of, great service. Check out the seminole hard rock.

                            the podium is ran by hosts. i can tell you for a fact at ebc and hakkasan they do make a difference. actually pretty much any club except xs and as long as its not on a holiday or some crazy night.
                            its all something you have to set up in advance. I wouldn't wait until you show up to tip hosts and ask for an upgrade.
                            also for your security guard im sorry, that sounds like a shitty experience. I usually tell people to wait a bit or ask who their security guard for the night is before you tip them. In my experience they're very useful to go to the bathroom because they escort you past the lines or take you to the private ones.
                            Jose Arriaga
                            VIP Host


                            Facebook Instagram

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for the quick response DeX. Much appreciated!
                              Twitter: @GerardRDavis

                              Comment

                              Search

                              Collapse


                              - Advertisement -

                              ESSENTIAL RESOURCES

                              NIGHTCLUBS

                              POOL PARTIES

                              EVENT CALENDAR

                              MESSAGE BOARD

                              - Advertisement -
                              - Advertisement -
                              Working...
                              X