Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising the price

Hi,

Is it common to have a confirmed booking only to have the minimum spend raised by the venue a few days before the event?

We have a table booked with Omnia for $2,500 and we were now told we need to commit to $4,000 if we want to keep the table?

Is this common or are we getting screwed? This kind of messes up our plans

Did you pay a deposit?

Comment

It's totally legit unfortunately. They up the prices based on demand. Yes, it usually happens the week before.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_A1 View Post
        Did you pay a deposit?
        No, they said it wasnt required.

Comment

Originally posted by fromBtoD View Post
          It's totally legit unfortunately. They up the prices based on demand. Yes, it usually happens the week before.
          Yeah its really unfortunate cause now we need to scramble to try and book elsewhere. They offered us a table on the terrace instead which we are not interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vik23 View Post

Yeah its really unfortunate cause now we need to scramble to try and book elsewhere. They offered us a table on the terrace instead which we are not interested in.
            Was this for a Tuesday or Friday/Saturday? I assume you originally locked into a balcony table in the main room. If that's the case on a Fri/Sat... $2500 is a pretty low min for a balcony table, so I'm not really surprised they're asking for $4k.

Comment

Ya I have never heard of balcony tables on a weekend going for $2.5k, especially if its quoted weeks before the event. Were you going through a direct host at the club? A direct should know better than to quote that low, an independent I could see low balling and raising last minute.

Comment

This happens when the host isnt expecting demand... then all of the sudden there is demand... table price goes up... shitty thing to have happen as most hosts pride themselves on "no surprises"

Comment

This happens more often than not. Its Vegas, and hotel/ dayclub /nightclub commits mean absolutely nothing. I have had an encore tower suite (booked) reduced to a standard room with two queens, a daybed min of $1k @ daylight increased to $3500 at the door (literally), and a main room table @ Omnia go from $3k to $6k within an hour of checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by adn232 View Post

Was this for a Tuesday or Friday/Saturday? I assume you originally locked into a balcony table in the main room. If that's the case on a Fri/Sat... $2500 is a pretty low min for a balcony table, so I'm not really surprised they're asking for $4k.
                    It was a balcony table on Saturday for Kaskade. Friday for Calvin Harris we were quoted $5k so it was a no brainer to book the saturday as Omnia was one of the places we really wanted to party at during our stay in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by ponch62 View Post
                      Ya I have never heard of balcony tables on a weekend going for $2.5k, especially if its quoted weeks before the event. Were you going through a direct host at the club? A direct should know better than to quote that low, an independent I could see low balling and raising last minute.
                      We contacted Omnia directly.

Comment

Originally posted by So fresh So clean View Post
                        This happens more often than not. Its Vegas, and hotel/ dayclub /nightclub commits mean absolutely nothing. I have had an encore tower suite (booked) reduced to a standard room with two queens, a daybed min of $1k @ daylight increased to $3500 at the door (literally), and a main room table @ Omnia go from $3k to $6k within an hour of checking in.
                        Thats frustrating. I really hope our other booking dont change as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vik23 View Post

It was a balcony table on Saturday for Kaskade. Friday for Calvin Harris we were quoted $5k so it was a no brainer to book the saturday as Omnia was one of the places we really wanted to party at during our stay in Vegas.
                          Was this through a host? Or did you contact Omnia's VIP/Table number/form online? Don't be upset because you most likely weren't going to get that table at $2500 min anyways on a Saturday night, Kaskade, and during the summer. I've been to Omnia a number of times and my host texts me the mins for every type of table each time, I've never seen a balcony table lower than $3500 on a Fri/Sat. Surprised they even locked you in for that min tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by adn232 View Post

Was this through a host? Or did you contact Omnia's VIP/Table number/form online? Don't be upset because you most likely weren't going to get that table at $2500 min anyways on a Saturday night, Kaskade, and during the summer. I've been to Omnia a number of times and my host texts me the mins for every type of table each time, I've never seen a balcony table lower than $3500 on a Fri/Sat. Surprised they even locked you in for that min tbh.
                            I wouldn't be upset had i known this was a common thing in Vegas. I've partied all around the world including some other big party scenes ( Miami, Ibiza ) and I've never encountered something such as this.

Comment

Working...
                            X